New to genealogy? Want to learn new research techniques?
Digging Into Your Roots 2 Day Genealogy Workshop
Harrison County Historic Courthouse
1 Peter Whetstone Square
Marshall, Texas 75670
February 28 & March 1
8a.m – 3p.m. (both days)
You will spend Day 1 learning from Diane L. Giannini CG, ®, certified genealogist.
8:30 Coffee & Croissants Registration
9:00-3:00 Learn from Diane L. Giannini CG®
Day 1 Session Topics:
1. Thinking through Your DNA Results and Figuring Out What To Do Next
2. Who Shares Your X or Y or MtDNA?
3. Case Study: Breaking Down the Little Brick Wall (Part One)
4. Case Study: Breaking Down the Little Brick Wall: The Rest of the Story
Day 2: How do I collect, document, and share my lineage?
9:00-3:00 Marshall Public Library Computer Lab
Participants will work on collecting, documenting, preserving and presenting their family history using digital technology, graphic sources, and presentation techniques — customized to your needs. Specialists available to help you throughout the day. Bring your own research or we will have samples from our archives for you to practice with.
What do I bring with me?
- Your laptop or tablet with your family research files (documents, images, etc.)
- A storage device (pen drive, remote disk drive, etc.) if you do not have a laptop or tablet to save your work.
- Workbook from last year’s Workshop (returnees)
- Copies of your documents or images (Please, do not bring originals — they could get lost!)
- Specialty scrapbooking supplies you want to use for your project. We will provide basic paper and some supplies, but if you want to have your own “look,” bring your supplies.
Find out more about Diane at ancestrysleuths.com.
Register on-line at Harrisoncountymuseum.org or register in person at theHarrison County Museum.
2-DAY CAMP FEE $90 , includes:
- supplies & materials
- lunch each day
- free entry to museum exhibits
Days Inn Marshall is offering a discount on rooms for this event.